Tuesday 4 August 2009

ben and jerry




I could not believe what I saw when I steped into this shop, previously occupied by O'briens. COLDSTONE style icecreaM!!!!!!!!!!!. This truly is an amazing discovery. Never would I have expected a concept ice cream like this to appear on Byres road. Think about it, who eats ice cream in such a cold place.

Whatever it is, this place has really gotten me excited. Previously located on creswell street (Which I totally was not aware of), this shop has taken up a prime location on byres road next ot pepparinos. This is a little humble shop beautifully decorated with lotsa candies and candies, accompanied by a small sitting area for up to 5 groups.

I counted about 12 different types of icecreams from your usual classics to american favourites like strawberry cheesecake to your local favourites like caramel and tablet. Wat it is tablet ? well... No idea but it tasted sweet and had some caramel short cake type sprinkle on top of it.














For the unintiated, cold stone style ice cream involves scooping up some ice cream onto a cold marble stone and sprinkling any type of toppings and sauces before battering all if together to form your "creation".

My creation was a 2 scoop combination of strawberry cheesecake ice-cream, a ferraro rocher, marsh mellow goo and some hot chocolate sauce that instantaneously solidified upon pouring. All of these for only 3 pounds!!!. Its really cheap for such good quality ice cream. Seriously.. and the portion is enough to make you feel like stopping . Oh my was a medium. The large tub goes for 5 pounds and its almost twice the volume of the medium .





I highly recommend this place and I can't wait to go back again!


3 Steps 2 Heaven
Byres Road (Opposite Iceland)
Glasgow
07881401216
http://www.3steps2heaven.co.uk/




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP